Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday: Shamrock Accessories with Beads and Buttons

Every now and then I take a break from my sewing machine and bust out my beads and wire and jewelry supplies. Last night I whipped up these shamrock pins and barrettes:


The first one I made was with vintage buttons and large seed beads. Here's the step-by-step process.

 


Pull the wires tight to form a shamrock and use the excess wire to attach it to a pin or barrette. Or trim and tuck the wires and simply glue it to a pin, barrette, magnet, etc.


I found some heart-shaped plastic glittery pony beads in my bead box and thought they were the perfect shape for shamrock leaves. 


I made a barrette for me...


and one for McKenna.


I know, I know. Neither one of us is a very good hair model. Here it is as a pin:


Happy St. Patrick's Day. Stay Green!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...