Monday, April 21, 2008

Made by Monday - things that are bright, and dark.

I've been having fun playing around with the patchwork stars I got the other week. I made these two sundresses (12 months and 3T) and I've also been experimenting with turning some of the stars into brooches and barrettes.

I finished up a Raggedy Ann sundress (12 months).

and then, because I was tired of doing bright and dainty things, I did some dark and skully ones:

I made that brown leopard skully shirt (4T) and another checkered/cammo one (5T) which Sage promptly claimed for his own. He found it in my studio and picked it up and said, "Wow, I sure would like something like this. Hey, it's my size! Can I have it mom?" I couldn't deny my #1 fan.

For my studio, I made this:
Which is just a board propped against the corner to hold all my spools, but more importantly, its a solution to the where-to-hang-my-thread? problem. Also, I hemmed and hung these curtains on the doors:

They originally hung in my sewing room in Bedington (3 studios ago) and have been in storage ever since. I also made my hair bright red this week.

or part of it, at least. The back is still blond. I figure since I'm not teaching anymore I have no reason to look normal. Watch out! I'm a wild and kerrazy red-headed housewife!

5 comments:

sugarcreekstuff said...

What clever ways to use those stars. I like the hair, mine is too dark for bright colors, so I just keep covering the grays that are creeping in.

lisa {milkshake} said...

You hair looks cool, KB! I have a reddish on top and my natural color underneath. It's about as crazy as I get, hair-wise.

I love those new sundresses.

erika~ the inspired mama said...

love the hair! i have bright, BRIGHT red locks myself ;)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your little sundresses look so cute - love the applique stars.

Anonymous said...

What a great space saving idea for your spools of thread! So colourful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...