Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thrift Thursday - As if I needed a new craft.

So, I went to Goodwill the other day just to drop some stuff off. I had no intention of buying anything but when I put my donations on the counter I glanced in the jewelry case and saw something with a bird on a branch. I've got a thing for birds on branches. Also, it had some ladybugs. I like ladybugs too. The lady behind the counter pulled it out and let me hold it. On even further inspection I realized it was totally made by hand:

Using an eyeglass lens! What a great idea! The lady said I could have it for half price since I brought stuff in. I think $2.50 is great deal for a handmade one-of-a-kind, so I bought it. Plus, it inspired me to come home and bust apart my old broken glasses and make some of my own. They're drying right now. I'll show you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mrs. Ryan said...

That would make a totally cute belt buckle!

lisa {milkshake} said...

That is too cute!

Robyn Coburn Writer/Artist said...

These are all very cute. Since you like thrift shopping and remaking, I bet you would enjoy Swap-o-rama-rama. I'm told by one of the organizers that it is really kid friendly - in Venice on June 28th.
http://www.swaporamarama.org/

PS I love your plush monsters in your shop.

KB said...

Thanks robyn! And guess what? I'm going to be one of the guest designers helping out at that Swap-o-rama-rama! If you go, find me and say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...