Monday, May 26, 2008

Made by Memorial Day

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I think I have creative A.D.D. I have hundreds of projects on my mental To Do list and a pile of projects-in-progress on my ironing board. Still, some nights I randomly whip up a bunch of stuff I wasn't even planning on making. I keep thinking I need to simplify, focus on one or two items and just do those to carve out a crafty niche for kokoleo, but I always end up working on random projects that look very different from the projects before them. The truth is, though, I like making lots of different things. I never know what I'll end up with at the end of the week. Case in point, last week I was on a skirt and purse kick. This week I ended up with these:

Size 12 months.Size 2T. Each set also has a matching long sleeved shirt:

So kids can choose their flavor. After that fabric ran out, I revisited the deer:

Size 12 months.

Size 24 months.

The image is from a photograph taken by my friend Carolyn in her backyard. I think I finally have the transfer process down pat so that the image stays vibrant after multiple washings.

Size 18-24 months.

Size 12-18 months. I think I'm going to keep that outfit for my own little doe-eyed girl. I made another one though.

I had some scraps left over from other projects, so I made these:

Size 2T. (That was actually supposed to be a cupcake shirt but the cupcake went awry so I covered it with Smokey's head. The screwup then became a happy accident.)

Size 4T. I'd make more of these but I don't have the heart to decapitate any more Raggedy Anns on purpose.

My big project this week though was my wardrobe. It's finished! And now stuffed full of kokoleo. Stay tuned for Studio Tuesday to see pictures.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...