Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Sage gave me this painting and poem for Mother's Day. It starts, "My mom looks prettiest when she wears clothes." Ha! I'll remember to do this next time I want to look pretty.

"My mom makes the best cookies." Shh, don't tell him it's a store-bought mix.

"I help my mom when she needs me to cleans things outside." The former copy editor in me is resisting the urge to fix that extra "s" there.

"I don't like it when my mom gets really really mad." Eek! Not just mad, mind you, but really really mad. Incredible Hulk mad. I turn green and burst through my clothes and then no longer look pretty.

"I like it when my mom plays with me." Awww, me too.

"Thank you mom for loving me!" No problem, kid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter's school project said I am special because I sing a lullaby... she obviously hasn't learned that I am completely tone deaf!

KB said...

Yeah, what they don't know will only make them love us more.

lisa {milkshake} said...

That is too funny! My favorite is the line about you wearing clothes. What's going on over there?!

KB said...

Ha! I can't remember the last time he saw me stark nekkid, but it obviously scarred him for life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...