Oof! It's been 9 days since I made my blog resolution to write at least 10 blog posts a month this year. Luckily, there are 9 days left in this month, so I still have time to do it. There are lots of things I want to do this year. Here are a few:
1. Focus more on kokoleo custom work - personalized pieces, custom plush, sundresses, monster pants, skirts, special commissions.Although it is a bit more work to custom-make an item on demand, I've found that my favorite kokoleos are those where I've make a connection with the client and involved them in the process.
2. Continue to make random one-of-a-kinds in my downtime.
3. Revamp my website.
4. Update Etsy weekly.
5. Social network better. Offer special monthly sales to Facebook fans. Be a better Twitterer.
5. Seek out new selling venues - shops, shows, etc.
6. Open a new Etsy shop to sell some of the weird and awesome vintage
and handmade goodness I find at thrift stores.
7. Become more involved in the Seattle craft scene. I feel like a nobody here and it's my own fault - I haven't applied to many shows or attended many events. I miss the crafty camraderie I had in L.A.
8. Write more, and for other websites and publications.
9. Teach a local craft class for kids.
10. Do all these things wholeheartedly, sincerely, and without apprehension.