Friday, March 06, 2009

With friends like these. . .

. . . who needs shopping? A few days ago I found another package on my doorstep. It was from a friend from elementary school who I haven't seen in 25 years but recently reconnected with on Facebook. She told me she had some fabric she thought I'd like and she was right. I love it! Check it out:

A cute Holly Hobbie-ish print. I see sundresses in its future.

This:


is huge. I'm thinking I'll either make it into a baby blanket or use it as the front panel of a lady's skirt. It from 1982, by Peyo. So were these:

As I was photographing them I was thinking about how cute they'd look when I turned them into pillows. Before I knew it I was pulling out fabric, cutting out Smurfshrooms, stitching them up, stuffing them, and setting up cartoony environments at one in the morning so I could show you how they turned out:




Aren't they Smurfy? Thanks Courtney! You're the Smurfiest.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

gotta love facebook!!! lovin the smurfshroom pillows - so CUTE!!!!
looks like you made out w/some awesome stuff!!

have a great weekend!

Courtney K. said...

WOW KB, you are one rapidly productive person! Those are soooo cool. I am SO glad I passed the fabric along to you!

P.S. The fabric is actual Holly Hobbie, just a less familiar style. You can see "Holly Hobbie" written near the little pictures on it.

KB said...

Ah, yes, you're right. That girl had so many different variations. Apparently there's a hip modern version now, and a movie too. I just found this: http://www.hollyhobbieworld.com/modern_holly_hobbie.htm

Also, I heard there was a live action Smurf movie in the works. Ew!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I LOVE the smurfshroom pillows!!

The Smurfs have always been a fave of mine :)

hi, i'm kat. said...

these are so cute! so glad your husband found a job! we made the decision to move out west right before the economy went to crap, 9 months of no work, yuck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...