Saturday, November 22, 2008

In the meantime. . .

On a good day, I wake up at 7:30 and make breakfast for the kids, and also Sage's lunch. I go pick out an outfit for him (if I left it up to him he'd get distracted) and get him put together and hand him off to Erik who takes him to school. Then it's just me and McKenna.

We watch Sesame Street and the Today show (the best is when the Muppets are ON the Today show). I make coffee and get us dressed. We go in the backyard and wander around. She plays with Little People while I attempt to sew. At 11:30 I make her lunch and put her down for a nap and then. . .

I'm free! Peace at last! I answer email and upload pictures or take pictures and work on my website, randomly interrupted by Facebook breaks where I see what my friends are up to. If I'm lucky I finish at least one project in the studio and take a shower and make myself look presentable. McKenna wakes up at 2:30 in time for Yo Gabba Gabba. Then we go get Sage. We go grocery shopping or thrift shopping or to a playground or the library, then come home and I give them food. They tear apart the house as I attempt to clean it up. If she's lucky, we take Kali for a walk. Erik comes home and makes an awesome dinner and the kids bathe, get pajamas on, read books, and go to bed easily.

That would be a good day. Thankfully, most days have elements of those things, but there's always something to worry about or stress over. Like the leaky faucet, or the car window that's stuck in the down position, or the cell phone your daughter stuck in a glass of water. Little blips like this force me to spend valuable time talking to plumbers and car repair shops and phone companies. If it's not them, then it's electricians or dentists or doctors . On a good day, it's contractors making improvements to the house or hairdressers making improvements to my head, but cosmetic stuff is a luxury and we haven't done that in a while. Nowadays we do it ourself.

I can't complain though, we're still treading water, sometimes floating on our backs even, staring up at the sky thinking, I've got a pretty good life.

3 comments:

Kim said...

It's the life stuff that drives me crazy. But like you I am so thankful that I have family, friends, a home to make life more interesting. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

topills.com scam said...

Greetings, I love your article. This is a nice site and I wanted to post a comment to let you know, nice job! Thanks

jasonbob said...

jordan retro
golden goose outlet
kenzo clothing
kobe 11
jordan 13
curry 8
chrome hearts store
pg shoes
air jordan
kd 10

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...