Friday, August 01, 2008

Yo Pillow Pillow!

My favorite part about Comic-Con this year was when I got a t-shirt signed by DJ Lance Rock of Yo Gabba Gabba fame, as well as Erin Pearce, the voice of Toodee and inside of Brobee.

I lucked into a place near the front of the line at the Nickolodeon booth and then waited for an hour for my turn. I didn't mind though. The kids were safe and happy upstairs in "Comic-Con Kids Camp" and Erik was wandering around the expo floor doing his own thing. It was actually pretty Zen to just stand and stare at all the freaks and not have to corral any kidlets or get caught up in the crush of crazy comic book fans jockeying for the coolest freebie. When I got to the table and introduced myself, DJ Lance remembered me right away from oldskool Felt Clubs we did together years ago. That was nice. He's famous now! And rightly so. Yo Gabba Gabba rocks. I predict cult status in the future, if it hasn't happened already.

I asked him to make it out to Sage and McKenna, his #1 fans.

Sweet! I knew exactly what I was going to do with it when I got home. Fast forward a few days. . .

First, I cut out the important parts. . . (It's kind of hard to tell what it is at first glance, but it's his hat, glasses, and collar - you just have to imagine the rest.). . .

Then I stitched them all together, stuffed it generously, and turned it into a pillow (the perfect shape for hugging, I might add).

I also added "Yo Gabba Gabba" on the back.

Now whenever the show comes on they can get out their pillow and dance with their very own DJ Lance.

Break it down!

11 comments:

The Minister of Sparks & Lightning said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Minister of Sparks & Lightning said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Minister of Sparks & Lightning said...

Sorry about the deleted comments. It's early and I keep spelling things wrong. From those of us here at Yo Gabba Gabba! You, your kids and your pillow are AWESOME!

KB said...

Aw thanks! No, YOU'RE awesome! Thanks for making such a great show.

KB said...

P.S. Tell your costume department that if they ever need master stitchers or professional furry hat fluffers - I'm your girl!

Gillian R said...

Wow, how seriously exciting to meet him again and even know him before fame!! Here in down under land, we have only just been introduced to Yo Gabba Gabba and I'm hooked! My 2.5yr old loves it too. Great pillow, very impressive!

Anonymous said...

full of win. I was so sad not being able to go to Con this year :( but I did get to see his set @ the aquabats show that weekend. my kid went nuts. nicely done on the pillow.

textile_fetish said...

He had to remember you! You were practically in his lap last summer! Ha - I mean, right in front of the stage for many, steamy hours.

KB said...

Ha! You're making sound like a stripper! Textile_fetish is talking about the Felt Club summer event, for those of you who are wondering. My booth was right beside where DJ Lance was DJing.

The Maielli Family said...

Wow, I'm totally bummed...we missed DJ Lance Rock. Maybe that would have prevented the shrieking tantrum in the middle of the convention center that prompted us to pay $20 to Kiddie Corp just for one short hour of peace. Now we have to wait again 'till next year. Poop. :P

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic and amazing and I'm so jealous that you got up close and personal with DJ Lance! Your kids must love that pillow! Mine would totally fight over it. Still, awesome idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...