Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thrift Thursday - This is what I got.

I've been trying to be thrifty. I hadn't left the house in 3 days until today. This morning we were out by 10 (early for us) for Sage's reading club at the library, only to get there and find out it's next week. Oops! So he played on the playground instead.

So then I figured, well, since we're close to the thrift store, we might as well stop by. I'm glad I did. It was a banner day. Sometimes it's just nice to get new things, even if they're old. I got a patchwork tin, some ugly eyeglasses, and some nice new shoes. McKenna got a book and a little talking Ernie that rides around in a bumper car (Ernie's her favorite). Sage got a book, a playdough barbershop, and a fireman raincoat (he had hats but no raincoat). I know, I spoil them, but why not? It's $5 of joy.

So then I figured, well, since we're near the mall, we might as well stop by the mall. . . and then we ended up in the Food Court. . . and then we ended up on the moonfoam playground. . . and somewhere along the way we ended up in a bunch of stores and found some father's day presents. Sometimes it's nice to get new stuff too, as long as it's on sale. I hadn't been to the mall in a few months. Everyone's having SALES! that still aren't very good. The department stores are like ghost towns. Macy's was eerily empty. Also, I accidentally walked through the set of some show that was filming there, but I can't remember the name of it. Look for me on some show!

On the way home Sage said, "Wow mom, that was a fun day! I played on two playgrounds and got lots of stuff. We should do this all the time!" I told him how that would make us A. poor and B. crazy, but once in a while is nice.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...