Thursday, August 16, 2007

Getting personal. . .

The final countdown is near. I have a week and a half left until my due date and a million things to do before then. Luckily I've finished up all my commissions for now and have done a little updating to my web site. I had to raise the prices for banners and pillows by a few dollars - my first price increase in two years. However, I've also upgraded the way in which I produce the personalized pieces and added some new options and products like pillowcases and printed shirts. Since I launched the website in January 2005, I've done over 115 personalized pillows, banners, shirts, etc. Wow! That's a whole lotta letters.

Here are my latest pillows:


My friend Steph in New York ordered this pillow for her friend Jennifer's little girl. A month later, Jennifer ordered this pillow for her friend's little girl. . .


I'm now making the pillows with removable covers and custom-made pillow inserts. I realize most of the recipients of these pillows are little kids, and little kids are known for spills and tough love when it comes to things that are stuffed.

But, for those who would rather supply their own pillow - pillowcases! A return customer proposed this idea and I wondered why I hadn't thought of it before. It allows customers to get a big personalized piece at a discounted price and it allows me to save on packaging. Win-win! Here are a few I've made this month:




And finally, if you see a name you recognize among the personalizations I've made, you now have the option of getting it printed on a shirt (or tote, or whatever else you dream up) for only $20. Lucky for all the Tenzins and Adowyns and Vaniers and Avenelles out there. . .


4 comments:

lisa {milkshake} said...

Your pillows are awesome! So do you mean since I had a pillow made for my daughter, I can now have a tshirt made for her for $20? What a great deal!
I love the idea of pillowcases.

lisa {milkshake} said...

Forgot to add - good luck with the birth! Is this your second?

KB said...

Yep #2. She's due on Sage's birthday. We're consistent with our fertitlity.

And yes, Lisa, Malayna could get a shirt with her name on it if you want, since her name is among the pillows. I too grew up with an uncommon name - Karebeth - so I feel it's my duty to cater to those kids.

topills.com scam said...

Hello, I admire your website. This is a informative site and I wanted to post a little ... This is a great site and I wanted to post a comment to let you know, great job! ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...